For the weekend that’s in it, we’ve pulled together a Spotify playlist featuring tracks from MUST SEE artists we recommend you DON’T MISS at Longitude Festival.
Derv’s Longitude Top Ten playlist includes a track from the artist on everyone’s lips this week, the delightfully voiced Floral Dresses by Lucy Rose along with The Staves, which features on her new album Something’s Changing (out now, and it’s more beautiful and delicate than silk chiffon).
Also included is Sauchiehall Street referencing Glasgow lifted from the latest Catfish and the Bottlemen album, Ride, multi-coloured, beats driven dreamy alt-pop concoction Blossom by Berlin based Milky Chance, and infectious delicacy Easier Said with its twirling Smiths-esque guitar intricacies by New Yorkers Sunflower Bean.
You’ll also find the delectable Dua Lipa giving a heartbreaking delivery of the evocative Scared to be Lonely in the Martin Garrix acoustic version and the absolutely stunning R&B honey Teenage Fantasy by Jorja Smith whose delicious voice is warmer than a July’s evening – lovin’ the carefree end to that track btw!
You can follow this or any other of our playlists over on Spotify where a world of musical goodies awaits!
**Note – Longitude have issued the following information regarding what will and won’t be tolerated//allowed on-site – see below for details.
Derv’s Longitude Top Ten #1
- Lucy Rose – Floral Dresses (with The Staves)
- Catfish & The Bottlemen – Glasgow
- Leon Bridges – Twistin’ & Groovin’
- Milky Chance – Blossom
- Sunflower Bean – Easier Said
- Dua Lipa – Scared to be Lonely (with Martin Garrix, Acoustic Version)
- Dermot Kennedy – Boston
- Glass Animals – Agnes (Radio Edit)
- RAYE – The Line (Acoustic Version)
- Jorja Smith – Teenage Fantasy
LONGITUDE – DO’S AND DON’TS
DO – CHECK SET TIMES. GATES OPEN 1.30PM DAILY WITH THE FIRST SET KICKING OFF AT 2PM OR NEAREST.
DON’T – PITCH UP EXPECTING TO BE ABLE TO BUY A TICKET – THEY ARE COMPLETELY SOLD OUT!
DO – BRING ID
DON’T – BRING ALCOHOL
DO – FEEL FREE TO BRING A BAG BUT SIZE IS RESTRICTED TO A4 (21cm/8.27in by 29.7cm/11.7in)
DON’T – BRING UMBRELLAS, ANY METAL OBJECTS, FLARES, FLAMMABLE OBJECTS, ILLEGAL DRUGS, LEGAL HIGHS OR PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS
DO – PLAN YOUR JOURNEY IN ADVANCE AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR TRAFFIC DELAYS. BUSES SERVICE MARLAY PARK INCLUDE
- 16 – Airport / O’Connell Street to Grange Road
- 116 – Parnell Sq to Grange Road (limited service)
- 161 – Dundrum Road Luas stop to Grange Road (limited service)
- 14 – Beaumont via Amiens Street to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
- 75 – The Square Tallaght / Dun Laoghaire to Ballinteer Shopping Centre