IMRO has announced it will host a Music for Screen Networking event in its Dublin HQ on Wednesday 24th January. The open invitation is extended to those working in the audio visual related sectors.
IMRO, the Irish Music Rights Organisation has announced that it is to host a networking event for composers, publishers and music professionals working in the audiovisual and media content production sectors such as animation, film and video games. The event which will be held in the organisation’s Dublin offices on Pembroke Row, will take place on the evening of Wednesday 24th January, 2018.
The workshop-style event will afford attendees the opportunity to discuss and debate the findings of the recently published report “An Examination of the Music for Film & TV Sector in Ireland” (Sarah Glennane // IMRO/MCPSI) a link to which you’ll find here https://www.imro.ie/about-imro/research/music-screen-ireland/
The aim of this inclusive event is to provide an opportunity for peer to peer networking and an open forum that will enable industry professionals to share their experiences, both positive and negative, and to table ideas and strategise for the future.
Some of the topics which they hope will be covered on the night include,
- Defining and mapping the sector – who, what, how and for whom;
- Current status and health of the Irish Music for Screen Sector – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the sector and those working in it;
- Screen Composers Guild – Is one needed and how best could it be established? Looking at international experience and across other audiovisual sectors;
- Demonstrating the significance of Music for Screen and the value and importance of a strong domestic sector;
- International engagement – Establishing and promoting Ireland as a world class supplier of Music for Screen and ancillary services.
Date: Wednesday 24 January
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: IMRO, Copyright House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2