National broadcaster RTÉ has pulled off quite a coup by nailing all ten nominated artists to play live on the night of its Choice Music Prize Live Event in Vicar Street, on 8th March.
The line up for this year’s RTÉ Choice Music Prize event, run association with IMRO & IRMA, was announced earlier this week on 2FM radio. All ten nominees for Best Album 2017 are set to perform in Vicar Street on the night. In case you weren’t already aware of the skinny, here it is:-
- Come On Live Long – In The Still (self released)
- Marlene Enright – Placemats and Second Cuts (self released)
- Fangclub – Fangclub (Universal)
- Lankum – Between the Earth and Sky (Rough Trade)
- James Vincent McMorrow – True Care (Faction Records)
- New Jackson – From Night to Night (All City)
- Otherkin – OK (Rubyworks)
- Fionn Regan – The Meetings of the Waters (Abbey Records)
- Ships – Precession (Ships Music)
- Talos – Wild Alee (Feel Good Lost)
Previous winners of Best Album have included Julie Feeney, Jape and Villagers. Last year’s nod went to Limerick hip hop/rap triumvirate Rusangano Family. Also presented on the night will be Best Song of 2017, with Soule, The Academic, Gavin James and Wyvern Lingo among the ten nominees; listen to a playlist of all ten nominated songs here.
Host on the night will be 2FM’s Eoghan Mc Dermott, and the event itself will be broadcast live from 7pm to 11pm on 2FM. A special highlights programme will be broadcast on RTE 2 on 18th March.
Some tickets for the Choice Music Prize Live Event are still available over at Ticketmaster Ireland priced €28.00 including booking fee.
In case you need any convincing as to which artist to vote for, here’s a playlist featuring selected tracks from the ten nominated albums. With one month to go, anything can happen. To get your votes in for both Best Song and Best Album – CLICK HERE.